General Natural Awakenings writer's styling guidelines
- Establish a strong lead paragraph and compelling close.
- Remember the five Ws: who, what, where, when and why.
- Write in third-person news style for briefs & most articles (them/they/those/people/attendees).
- Alternatively, for articles, use we/our/us. Avoid the less formal second-person ‘you’.
- Use a clear, logical order for content. (Samples at NaturalAwakeningsMag.com.)
- Use action verbs (E.g., ABC offers; not ABC is offering).
- Use plain language and briefly define technical terms.
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short.
- Include short anecdotes or case studies to illustrate key points–then expand the focus to a wider context.
- Use strong, genuine quotes to aid in reader identification.
- Add credibility with scientific studies, statistics and updates on trends.
- Single space after periods.
- Punctuation "inside" quotes.
What our readers expect:
- We focus on hope, healing, practical tips and benefits. Every reader wants to know
- how they can personally use and benefit from this information in their life journey.
- Attribute all medical or health claims and scientific study results; cite credible, authoritative sources. List additional resources in an italicized endnote.
What our readers won't see:
- A depressing lists of symptoms and technical details of treatment.
- Extended, first-person (I/me/my) accounts of life journeys.
- Marketing or sales copy heavy on blatant self-promotion disguised as an article (we have advertising and our Spotlights for that, which our readers enjoy as well).
Upcoming Events Near You
Micronutrient/Gut Health/Hormone Testing at Valley Integrative Pharmacy & Wellness Ctr.
10:00am · Valley Integrative Pharmacy
Evening Hatha Yoga
5:30pm · Hunterdon Art Museum
Tai Chi for Balance and Strength
7:00pm · Hunterdon Art Museum
Wellness Wednesday:Nutrition & Cellular Health at Valley Integrative Pharmacy & Wellness Center
11:00am · Valley Integrative Pharmacy
Intro to Ashtanga
6:00pm · Hunterdon Art Museum
Stress, Hormones and Epigenetics
12:00pm · No venue was assigned to this event.
11:30am · Roots & Wings