Columcille Tour Offers Megaliths and Mythology
A tour of Columcille Megalith Standing Stone Park will take place at 9:30 a.m., May 6 and again at 9:30 a.m. June 3, with Irish historian and Celtic mythology storyteller Tom Egan. Participants will walk Columcille’ s beautiful wooded trails and view its many standing stone monuments. There is less than a mile of walking on unpaved nature trails with frequent stops for interpretive explanations of the park's features.
Nonprofit Columcille, Inc., was established in 1978 to promote transformation through inner and outer work. It has its origins in Casa Colum (Gaelic for home of the dove), a small house opened in 1975 by William Cohea, Jr., as a salon by the side of the road where tired sinners and reluctant saints could drop by and share their experiences and ideas. Cohea had been inspired during a visit to the Isle of Iona to create an open space that welcomed people of all faiths and traditions interested in renewal and transformation.
Admission is free; no reservation is required. Location: 2155 Fox Gap Rd., Bangor, PA. For more information, call 610-360-1701.